Monday 1 July 2013

Stitching, Outing and A New Make

Hellooooooooooo everyone!!

Well, this last week has been a rather busy week on all fronts.


  1. I learnt to make something new
  2. Page 1 of Spring Fairy is completed bar the backstitch
  3. We went out for the day on Saturday and I am now sunburnt
First of all though, I have to show off the something new I made. I've always been in awe of how to make these very pretty things called scissor fobs. So off I went to ebay and I bought myself some lobster clasp things (I already had the beads) and this is what I made:

Swarvoski Crystal Beads 
Now, I think it is fab apart from the size of the lobster clasp, so I bought another bunch which are a lot smaller so when I get a chance, I will try and make another one using the smaller clasp. This took me about an hour to make as the thread I used (clear nylon thread) is extremely fiddly and very hard for me to see.

Now onto the stitching front. I have managed to complete the first page of stitching on my Spring Fairy and I am now in progress of doing the kreinik and backstitch. Here is how she is looking as of this morning:

Isn't the bunny just cute
I am hoping that today will see a heck of a load more backstitching done on her as I'm eager to start the next part of her.

I have also completed a square on a RR that I received. I am currently working in a RR where we all have picked our own separate themes. This RR had the theme of flowers, and here is what I stitched:


This took me about a day and half to complete and I just love the colours.

On Saturday, we went to a place called Bovington where we visited The Tank Museum for the annual Tankfest.  It was a great day had by all, but oh boy, myself and hubby are burnt lol.  Every few hours we are now plying ourselves with lotion to stop the stinging and itching.  I always catch the sun and so should have known to put some Sun Protection on, but I completely forgot about it haha. My fault.

Here are some pics of the hubby and kiddies:

Hubby with his new toy. A deactivated Russian weapon
Grace having a hold
Tristan having a hold
and last but not least my little cutie pie, who seemed to also enjoy the day.


Now if I plan on having more of Spring Fairy backstitched today, I'd better get a wriggle on.

I hope to have another update for you all soon.

Happy Crafting all 

xXx

1 comment:

  1. Aww sweet photos..
    Pretty stitches and lovely fob
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I do love to read them :) xxx