Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Summer Fairy

In between doing more stitching on my HAED and reading for my next assignment, I have done a fair bit more on my Summer Fairy.  For this lovely fairy, I also had to master french knots, which may I add, I think I have done. A few more and I might just get the hang of the little blighters.

Here is how my fairy is as of today (24.8.2011)

I've also added some of the metallic threads (wings are next to be done with the metallic). I'm not entirely sure it shows just how dazzling it looks with just a row or 2 of it, but here it is anyways:

A page finish on HAED

Well it has taken me a total of 5 months and 20 days to complete just 1 page of my HAED. Hehe. I do have a few reasons however and these are:

1) I have also been stitching other projects (Summer Fairy, Company of Wolves and a Wedding Sampler)


2) I'm also doing a Uni course which can take up a lot of stitching time (but I'm nearly done for this year - finish in October - so I will have October - February to stitch away like mad)

Here is how my HAED now looks:

Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Summer Fairy update

As you have seen from previous posts, I have a few projects on the go now (with an itch to start more lol).

Lately I have been working on an exchange piece, which is now finished and packed up ready to post to my partner. As the opening date isn't until 9th September, I cannot post a pic just yet, but will definitely do so once my partner has received :)

My fairy is looking wonderful, and I am sure she will look so much better once I have done the backstitch and added the beads. For now here she is:

Monday, 1 August 2011

A new HAED chart

Well today, thanks to a super friend of mine, I found out that HAED were having a sale.  Well, off I went to have a look, and ended up buying Moon Goddess by Marta Dahlig :)

I must however get lots more done on my current HAED and other projects before I even attempt to get the threads/fabric needed for her :)